i3 is seeking a Software Systems engineer to support a government software office addressing Army Air and Missile Defense systems, with focus on Mission Command systems.
This product owner will provide oversight to all phases of the software life cycle as part of an Agile development team. Tasks will include all aspects of the migration from solutions to meet warfighter requirements to the development and testing of features to satisfy those requirements. The software engineer must be highly organized with a strong technical background in computing hardware, software and/or networking.
The candidate in this role will function within the project office's software directorate and will work with both contractors, government civilians and system operators. The candidate must be a self-starter and comfortable in a fast-paced working environment and be willing to engage various levels of stakeholders to ensure the software developed is capable of meeting the needs of the intended users.
Occasional travel may be required in support of this positon.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, or related field is required.
- Candidate should have 10 or more years of software engineering experience.
- The candidate should have background in C, C++ or Java and Modular Open Systems Architectures.
- Candidate needs to have a record of taking initiative and being a team player in a small team environment.
- Software development experience in support of DoD programs is preferred, especially in an Army Air and Missile Defense program is highly desired.
- Candidate should have excellent communication skills, experience working with both development staff and end users and strong work ethic.
- Experience with software systems engineering and software testing in an Agile methodology highly desired.
- SAFe(c) Agile experience a plus.
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level security clearance.